The Eternal State

Links: Amazon BOOKS - Print & Kindle | PDF Books | Racing | Videos | Faster!| Donate: Link Below Right


23 July 2014

Show Me The Person

If I ask you to send me a picture of the person you are, I suspect that you will send me a picture of that body mind apparatus you take to be your self.

Is that really who you are?

The identification of the self as a person happens at about the age of two. Then, as I am other me and not me this and that, in other words, dualism.

What we point to here has been labeled many things: oneness, pure light, universal self, one without a second. That one is my favorite.

The word person comes from the Greek persona, or mask. But if I ask you to send me a picture of the mask, or the persona, what can you come up with? A dear friend once said his ego was driving him crazy. I asked him to send me a picture of that ego. A little later, I got an e-mail from him, a delightful e-mail, wherein he describes what had happened when he contemplated taking a picture of his ego and realized that there was no such animal in the body mind. He summed it up by saying "I am bankrupt with a smile." 

I still love that, because when he said bankrupt, what he was talking about is that the ego which she had been saying was bothering him drastically, was seen to be completely and utterly false. So the ego was bankrupt. He went on to see and share that this bankruptcy was the most welcome phenomenon. Indeed.

Can you find in the body mind anywhere and ego or a person? When I had open heart surgery, I was tempted to ask the surgeon to see if he could find a person in there when he had the body opened up. Through investigation, prompted for me by sailor Bob Adamson, it became clear as a bell that there simply is no such thing as a person as a separate entity. What we call ourselves or person is merely a story more like a graphic novel, words and pictures in the mind that we have mistakenly assumed to be our self. Hence the word history: his story. Everyone or virtually everyone mistakenly believes themselves to be there story; that ever evolving story of a me that on investigation is bound to not exist at all. And if it is found to not exist now, could it ever have existed at all?

A little investigation will show you, for yourself, that what you consider yourself to be is a fiction. Like a character in the story or novel, which you have identified with the same way you might identify with a character in a novel. So the invitation here is to challenge these assumptions which you have taken on board since the age of two, and by challenging destroy the assumptions leaving you only present unaware right here right now.

That is all there is to this really. Here now you are, and that you is a fiction, which can be seen through with a little work. I invite you to take it on. In fact, to go all in with it. 

No comments: